Additional health services impacted by weather and road conditionsCharlottetown, Prince Edward Island, February 16, 2017 – Due to inclement weather and road conditions, additional health services have been impacted:
- Public health nursing appointments in Souris, Montague, Charlottetown and Summerside scheduled for today are cancelled;
- Public health nursing speech language pathology appointments province-wide scheduled for today are cancelled;
- Public health family nutrition appointments province-wide scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
- Public health dental clinic appointments in Summerside scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
- Primary care appointments at Central Queens, Gulf Shore, Four Neigbourhoods Health Centres scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
- Patient appointments with the nurse practitioner clinic in Parkdale scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
- Patient appointments with the cardio-pulmonary rehab program at UPEI scheduled for today are cancelled;
- PEI Medicare office in Montague (Douses Road) is on a delayed opening to the public until 12:00pm; and
- Health PEI’s office in Charlottetown (Garfield Street) is on a delayed opening to the public until 12:00pm.
Cancelled patient appointments will be rescheduled.
For the full list of health services impacted, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/alert/impacted-health-services.
Health PEI reminds Islanders with appointments at hospitals, clinics and other health care services to please call ahead to confirm their appointment – or notify staff if they are unable to make the appointment.
Updates will continue to be provided as health programs and services are impacted.
Islanders are also reminded to call 8-1-1 for non-urgent health care advice or 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
- 30 -
Senior Communications Officer