Some health services impacted by weather and road conditionsCharlottetown, Prince Edward Island, February 16, 2017 – Due to inclement weather and road conditions, the following health services have been impacted:
- Primary care appointments at Montague, Kensington and Harbourside Health Centres scheduled for this morning are cancelled;
- Primary care appointments at Tyne Valley, O’Leary and Alberton Health Centres scheduled for today are cancelled;
- Patient appointments at the PEI Cancer Treatment Centre scheduled before 11:00am are cancelled;
- Patient appointments at the QEH’s Ambulatory Care Centre scheduled before 11:00am are cancelled;
- Patient appointments at the QEH Diagnostic Imaging Department scheduled before 11am are cancelled
- Elective surgeries at the QEH scheduled before 9:30am are cancelled;
- Elective surgeries and endoscopic procedures at the PCH scheduled before 11:00a are cancelled; and,
- Patient appointments at PCH’s Ambulatory Care Centre scheduled for today are cancelled;
- Patient appointments at PCH’s Hemodialysis Unit scheduled for today are cancelled; and
- All appointments at the Obstetrics-Gynecology Clinic in Charlottetown scheduled for today are cancelled.
Cancelled patient appointments will be rescheduled.
For the full list of health services impacted, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/alert/impacted-health-services.
Health PEI reminds Islanders with appointments at hospitals, clinics and other health care services to please call ahead to confirm their appointment – or notify staff if they are unable to make the appointment.
Updates will continue to be provided as health programs and services are impacted.
Islanders are also reminded to call 8-1-1 for non-urgent health care advice or 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
- 30 -
Senior Communications Officer